Sujet : Really Random thread

Membre supprimé
Yeah… It can get pretty intense sometimes.

And I prefer to play female characters in RPGs… For a variety of reasons. emoji

emoji

This one's for you Kubak emoji

Well seeing as how Mass Effect 2 was on the instant game collection this month, I decided to buy Mass Effect 1 on PSN. I am a few long hours into it now, and I am not a fan of the loading screens and menu navigation at all. The universe has a fairly interesting mix of races, and the universe has a bit of a Halo vibe to it, which I kinda dig. Although the facial animations during playable dialogue sections are atrocious, and the cameras don't always point at the faces of the people who are speaking. I am going to have to learn to stop dying so much as well, because I find myself getting put back quite far a lot of the time, and most of my time playing is spent either re-treading areas I have already done in a previous life, and staring at loading screens.

Overall first impressions of this game are that it is good, and shows promise.

And I am sorry to disappoint you HeatherGrace, but I have decided to be male Shepard. I find it easier to connect with male protagonists, although I accept that many male protagonists can be very unlikable in some games, I am glad that in this game that is not the case (so far…emoji. I am somewhat pleased that Shepard is such a serious and to-the-point space-man. It makes him quite believable, but he is not so bland that I have lost interest in shaping this one into being a real goody-good.

I find it kind of funny that in this game the loading (or saving?) indicator is an optical disc. This isn't all that common in games I have played, and to my knowledge, Mass Effect 1 is only available for download off of PSN for the PS3 platform. This is a shame, because it would have been nice to have a disc copy of the Mass Effect games, seeing as how they are PS3 games. Oh well at least I got the second for basically nothing.

When you swap from ME1 to ME2, you will see that everything you just mentioned… is gone. Let's just say that ME2 is the best sequel ever. From upgrading Shepard armor to be more bad@$$ instead of skintight to more action based gameplay. I will say no more ^^
Mass Effect 1 is a fantastic game, but it has it's outdated parts. For example, no auto save. Sort of anyway. You have to manually save every 2 minutes or so if you don't want to re-do everything over and over when you die. There's also a high learning curve the first time around, you'll do better the second time emoji

A shame you play BroShep though! Perhaps next time ^^

Actually, there is! Once upon at time M$ had a huge Xbox 360 exclusive, but everything changed when PlayStation attacked. A year after release, Mass Effect 2 released on PS3 with an engine upgrade as well as (almost) all major DLC on-disc. In 2012 ME3 released along side the 360 and PC versions on PS3. As well as a Trilogy pak, including hardcopy versions of ME1 to 3. But, this pak is quite rare

I settled with a Hong Kong version a few years ago. But I was able to buy a PAL version from a friend of mine. The PAL version is especially rare, because it's the only version that comes with cases and not just the 3 discs. emoji

NTSC version:
User image

PAL version:
User image

…………………..

Note: You will need to import saves files from one game to another. This will work fine, but you will need Mass Effect 1 and 2 to be from the same region. This is because you will need to download a patch for ME2, to be able to read ME1 save files (EA, you dumb little….**). ME2 to ME3 works just fine with any region. emoji

Edit
Oh, gawd. Someone just linked me a scene from ME3 with the male version. Turn back, turn back now. Be FemShep! You'll thank me later!

Well if the games are as good as you imply that they are, then I will probably be doing a second run through them in the not-to-distant future. I will obviously be going through as female Shepard, and it might just make the second playthrough offer more excitement. And I was aware of the deal Mass Effect has had with Xbox. It's nice to see it was brought to the console market as well.

EDIT: The first thing I did upon being given the power to travel to whatever planet I wanted was look for Earth. I was turned off by the menu design, and just wen't to a random ice planet where I got completely destroyed by a giant space worm, and a bunch of mean old mercenaries. I hate and love when this happens in these sorts of games. I hate the frustration, but I love the idea of an open galaxy.

Well, by playing as drivers of genderless vehicles (like Tiger II from WoT or Su-37 from Ace Combat), I don't need to think much about choosing a gender! But, I always prefer playing as a male character. Though I don't mind playing (or controlling to be exact) as a female character in The Sims.

You should use the IMG tag when posting an image. Like so:

User image

*hopes it worked*

EDIT: Yay, it worked!

OT: I never make a fuss about females and males. Either or is fine. I am just concerned about them being interesting and believable.

Well if the games are as good as you imply that they are, then I will probably be doing a second run through them in the not-to-distant future. I will obviously be going through as female Shepard, and it might just make the second playthrough offer more excitement. And I was aware of the deal Mass Effect has had with Xbox. It's nice to see it was brought to the console market as well.

EDIT: The first thing I did upon being given the power to travel to whatever planet I wanted was look for Earth. I was turned off by the menu design, and just wen't to a random ice planet where I got completely destroyed by a giant space worm, and a bunch of mean old mercenaries. I hate and love when this happens in these sorts of games. I hate the frustration, but I love the idea of an open galaxy.

It is almost impossible not to play those games more than once. I do it at least once a year. I just played all 3 a few weeks ago, but I already really want to go again.
Whe you buy Mass Effect you receive over a billion different games at once. Male/female, Renegade/Paragon/Paragade/Renegon, doing this/that/not that/kill him/save her/destoy this/repar this. Everything you do, has consequese. And all of that results in 2 different things. Earlier this year I did a mirrored Renegade playthrough with Default Shepard. It was like playing a completely new game. But I prefer my canon Shep and all my canon choices over doing something new each time emoji

If you want to go to Earth, go to the Local Cluster. Pro tip, go to the moon too. emoji

I am very wary of how this multiple path thing works. I have so many questions, but I will leave them because I think it would be better if I got the opportunity to discover what the end of each game is like without much information about the choices system.

Although I do know Shepard dies at some point and gets reconstructed. Bugger that, but I just wasn't careful enough to avoid that spoiler out there on the internet. Besides, I would have highly doubted Shepard could die before the series is at an end.

And yes, I shall check out that moon of ours to see just what is going on there.

Never mind that spoiler, I'm sure it will still come as a surprise?
Do you play as custom Shep or Default?

I just mentioned how rare the PS3 version of ME1 is right? Well, I was just going to the toy store with a buddy so he could pick up Fallout 4. I went to the little pawn shop around the corner, randomly browsing when suddenly: Massy 1 on PS3. First I put it back because I already have it, but then I though: ''Dammit, HG. It's just €5. Just buy the damn thing''. Can never have enough spares, right? And I can lend it to my friends emoji

You should use the IMG tag when posting an image. Like so:

User image

*hopes it worked*

EDIT: Yay, it worked!

OT: I never make a fuss about females and males. Either or is fine. I am just concerned about them being interesting and believable.

I actually just forgot to put the Img tag emoji

I never make a fuss about females and males. Either or is fine. I am just concerned about them being interesting and believable.

I usually (well, so far I've always done that) play a female character. Mainly because there is so few cool female character to begin with. And most of the time… the female voice performance is the better one:

Female (Dragon Age 3)
watch

Male (Dragon Age 3) - video my friend made, sorry 'bout the quality, but you get the point
View My Video

I can't look at NC dressed up like that without laughing. emoji
———————————————————-
Yay, the R&C movie trailer reached 2 mil views!
———————————————————-
My high school replaced the old monitors from one of the informatics classrooms with these silly ones:

User image
Have you ever wished to turn your screen 45 degrees sideways?
Yes? - rejoice, your odd wish has been fulfilled!
No? - search for a tilted image and pretend everything is normal. emoji

———————————————————-
The best thread is the Random Thread!

Ouch, really? That type of monitor? Looks like it'll make people dizzy.

Actually that's a great feature. A lot of my friends who are programmers use those as a second screen to view their scrips vertical, so they see more of it emoji