Sujet : It's Qwark, Not Quark

Interresting… might actually be a mistake.

Interresting… might actually be a mistake.

But they wrote it twice.

Too early for it to have become a joke.

Sorry for the interruption, but my sister and I just usually call him Quack and are done with his idiocy.
Good day.

If it wasn't for the second misspelling about Helga; the first one about "doing anything for a few bolts" could almost apply to Quark from DS9! emoji Unfortunately, that second quote means that they are referring to "Qwark" because it references Helga, thus causing an even greater confusion than usual regarding the correct spelling of his name!

This is going to get confusing…

It's irritating me that people mispell it almost everywhere. There are subtitles, you know.

It was spelled Quark only twice in the entire Ratchet & Clank universe. There are hundreds of other situations where the word is written Qwark. Think about every subtitle and mission log that mentions him (there are also other times… like the statue in R&C1)

To spell it Quark on purpose would be wrong… we established this a few years ago. (I think one of my first threads was discussing this matter actually)

It was spelled Quark only twice in the entire Ratchet & Clank universe. There are hundreds of other situations where the word is written Qwark. Think about every subtitle and mission log that mentions him (there are also other times… like the statue in R&C1)

To spell it Quark on purpose would be wrong… we established this a few years ago. (I think one of my first threads was discussing this matter actually)

Tell me, how many people actually have the subtitles turned on and/or check the mission log?

Tell me, how many people actually have the subtitles turned on and/or check the mission log?

My point.

I for one usually tend to keep subtitles on in games; even though I don't personally have any medical hearing problems, for some reason, I usually find the recordings in videogames to be harder to hear. Maybe that's because a lot of cutscenes/dialogue these days are integrated into the gameplay, meaning you can often get sound effects and such drowning out the speech… But the point is that I qualify for one of the people who "actually have the subtitles turned on"…

As I said, there are other areas where you can see his name in the game too… I just can't be bothered searching right now. They are definitely a lot easier to find than a couple of Epilogue things awarded for getting all of the skill points in the first game of the series.

And these days the basic mission titles pop up when assigned and completed.

I always turn them on too. Not all characters talk very clear, subs are great. I especially like games that ask you if you want them turned on before you start playing, so I can see the first cutscene subbed too.

I pretty much never use them. But I should for ACiT, Vorselon is a total pain to understand the first time through.

Well one other obvious example of when the name appears in written form is during the credits, when it says
"Jim Ward as Qwark"
Also, in the first game, the co ordinates for Planet Umbris also read as "Qwark's HQ" and/or "Qwark's Gauntlet", and in the third game, there was "Qwark's hideout"….
So, yeah, even beyond the subtitles and mission logs you can see the spelling in numerous places…

I wouldn't know, it just says Quark instead of Qwark.

User image

Gotta love Insomniac Games and they're Easter eggs.