Sujet : Haooy Birthday Ratchet and Clank!

So, today is Ratchet and Clank's "birthday". 12 years it's been since the world was braced with this series' glory.
So now what? Well, why don't we share some of our favourite moments from the series? Either in or outside the game.

This sucks, I know, but it's the best I could do…

EDIT: Haoooy? Seriously?

So, today is Ratchet and Clank's "birthday". 12 years it's been since the world was braced with this series' glory.
So now what? Well, why don't we share some of our favourite moments from the series? Either in or outside the game.

This sucks, I know, but it's the best I could do…

EDIT: Haoooy? Seriously?

Mistakes were made.

One of the dangerous things about posting stuff and then proof-reading AFTER the post is posted. We're both guilty of this, and we must remember that the edit function is not always an option.

To honor R&C's birthday I will play a R&C game on my PS2. I would play R&C2, but judging by the crack in my disc I'd say that when I put it in, I'm going to be able to play it for as long as I want, until I remove the disc. Then it will probably end… so I'll just play R&C:ACiT Blu-ray discs must surely work in PS2s…

What is today anyway? Is it the first release, the worldwide release or the announcement? I'd Google it, but I'm too busy doing nothing emoji

So this is why everyone's suddenly going up and about with the PS2 versions..

(and well. The P and O are pretty close to eachother)

I can't believe I put study before games for so long, and haven't even FINISHED R&C3 (PS3) yet!?

I need to get my act together and finish it for the trillionth time… IN HD! (on ps3)

And you've had the game since 2012?

No, I've had it for about 2 or 3 months. I got the Trilogy for PS3 after the Vita version came out. Remember, I never saw a reason to get them, seeing as how I had them on PS2 already.

Ah, I see. Then I can understand.

As far as Classics HD and PS4 remasters go. Worth every penny, every time!

Not if I have the originals. I hate buying the same game, just "HDer". It just doesn't seem worth paying full price for again.

If I got a PS4 and didn't have The Last of Us on PS3, I'd totally get that version! But I do have it on PS3, and it is a remaster featuring improved… framerate and resolution? I don't think that's worth a re-buy.

MGSV on the other hand… well it isn't out yet, and is being developed for all platforms AT THE SAME TIME. Which is the key, because then the core game is built to run on all systems properly from square 1, and then they just get the better hardware and expand on this stuff. So seeing as how I know I'll be getting the PS4, I'll wait for the PS4 version for that game, and get the better resolution, framerate and object quality. The same is to be said about LBP3, except I expect a lot less of a difference between PS3 and PS4 for that game (from what I've seen in the beta).

MGS3 is the best example of a Classics HD that really was genuinely special. Because the original PS2 MGS3 was of a top-down view and had awkward controls (among many other things). They eventually decided to try and fix this with a PS2 re-release called subsistance, but I don't believe many people were all that keen of re-buying it. Subsistance also had heaps of cool goodies such as re-masters of the MSX games (quite good remasters, in that the translations and character images were fixed to be more representative of the characters as they appear in later games). Then all of this was released in the collection for PS3 with MGS:PW which was previously only available in low res for PSP.

Best. Collection. Ever… I should probably buy it for PS3 sometime, to play MGS:PW co-p just to honour it's awesomeness.

I think the graphical upgrade is worth it. Especially PS2 to PS3.

User image \

PS2 is really blurry compared to Classics HD. Sometimes I really feel like using glasex to clean up the screen, only to be reminded that's just the way the game looks. Classics HD are a great reason to play some of your favorite games again in a new smooth jacket,

And while Last of Us: R or Tomb Raider: DE may not be that much of a difference, I still loved playing through those again. The enviroments look even nicer, what used to be pre-rendered cutscenes are now of the same quality as in-game. I simply love them. Great reasons to pick up a game you've already played too much. emoji

Dang, this would have been a great day for new Ratchet and Clank stuff to come to light emoji
But today is election day in America, so every Insomniac is probably out voting.

I think they still wanna keep the focus on SO. Might be some time before Ratchet is in the spotlight again.

I forgot to mention GTAV! That is a game I am almost considering re-buying, just because they seem to actually be improving it for the next generation. Good on ya Rockstar!

Why does it being voting day mean anything? When it was voting day here it only took like 3 minutes to vote, maybe not even that. I felt honored to have been involved in the most 1-sided voting day this country had EVER seen emoji

Ratchet should be 27 years old now, and he's still not married?

Ratchet should be 27 years old now, and he's still not married?

He's too busy shooting aliens in the head at the moment.